Sunday, August 29, 2010

August Garden

Re-blooming!
I have a new niece, so I knit!
This is what I see out my bathroom window! The Morning Glories grew all by themselves and have covered a huge iron piece, now you cannot see it! The flowers are glorious in the morning, hence the name, Morning Glory!
Black-eyed Susans, are so happy and bright! I love them and have lots of them!
I guess I like Yellow, because I have lots of yellow flowers around!

It is still so hot that you sweat almost as soon as you step outside the cool air conditioning!
The evenings are starting to get a little cooler, high 60's low 70's instead of 80, which means summer is starting to give way to a change. Seasons change, and with everyone, there is something to look forward to. Summer however, with its lazy days, & bug filled nights, is so hard to let go of. The boys are back in school, a schedule is starting to form with the comings and goings of them and all their friends. Weeknights are quieter at the dilo household. Everyone seems to settle down a little earlier.
I am starting to think about soups and stews. I am a new vegetarian, about a month or so now. It wasn't something I decided, I didn't wake up one morning and say, hmm, I think I'll be a vegetarian, it just sort of happened. So the soups and stews will be new this year, I will have to plan and even study new recipes so I can make feasts that are meat free, but tasty and "normal" enough for the 2 man childs and Husband to eat. Any Ideas will certainly be welcomed!
Wish me Luck!

No comments: